Monday, December 21, 2009

Cheese - oh how I love thee

An unfortunate consequence of this venture, may be that I learn just how unhealthy some of the things that I grew up loving are. Take this recipe for example. Here she calls them cheese rounds, I've also heard my great-grandmother refer to them as cheese straws or cheese biscuits.


They're a holiday staple, I love them and have always thought of them as a cracker - baked, wholesome and tasty. But this recipe, this recipe tells the horrifying truth - it calls for a half pound of grated cheese, a half pound of butter and two and a half cups of flour. There aren't any eggs, no milk, just butter and cheese.





Stirred together with flour, a dash of salt and a dash of cayenne; these cheese rounds were incredibly (and dangerously) easy to whip up. Great for taking to parties, but entirely to tempting to keep around the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment